Year of Establishment: 1970
Department of Physics was established in 1953 under the leadership of the founder head Late Kailash Chakrawarty, a retired professor from Presidency College, Calcutta. Since its inception, the department has been providing quality education in Assam. The department has designed certain innovative experimental equipments (especially electronic equipments) using basic low cost components readily available. Computational facilities have been arranged centrally with financial assistance from DST. The performance of the students in the university examination from this department is praiseworthy. The department has a glory of producing toppers in B.Sc. final examinations held under Gauhati University.
Certificate course in Computer application in collaboration with Chemistry department.